From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:58:43 -0800
I am currently running XP Pro, and while it has its own share of
problems, overall it is fairly good. Comparing it to Windows 2000 or
NT4, you could argue either way. However, any version of NT - includes
XP, NT4, Win2k - is far better than any version of 9x. XP includes the
relative stability of NT with much of the software compatability of 9x.
XP Pro has more features and utilities than the home version - otherwise
they seem to be the same. Please note that XP is a hardware hog and will
run slower on older machines. I feel its stability is worth it. Don't
get me wrong; on newer machines it runs quite well - I have it running
on a P2 400 with no trouble at all (512MB RAM).

Hope this helps in your decision process.

Peter
The NoSpin Group