From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:02:10 -0700
Larry;

  I went though this a while back and I found a solution to
 CMOS batteries. Rayovac makes a replacement battery that ]
 works for most computers.
  Here's a quote from their webpage at:
http://www.rayovac.com/oem/clock5a.html

 "The Rayovac 844-1, a 4.5 volt alkaline battery with a wire
 lead and pin connector, that will replace virtually any computer
battery from 3.6 volts to 7.2 volts. This Rayovac 844-1 is the solution
for 90 percent of computer battery replacements-- a near one size fits
all replacement."

  I have used a couple and they seem to work fine. I don't think
 the voltage is that critical.

 Hope that helps;

--