From:
barry clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 16:51:00 -0000
Ricky,
You need to contact Gateway (Look it up on the internet for the support ph
#)
They probably have a recovery disk that is an image file of all of your
original apps/configurations before the unit shipped. Once you acquire the
recovery disk, run it and everything should be back to it's original
configuration and all of the drivers for your mobo and associated attached
peripheral devices should be be reinstalled and recognized.
Good Luck,

Barry Clark
MCSE

>From: Ricky Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [PCBUILD] no cdrom or modem
>Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 17:58:44 -0500
>
>HI everyone!! I have a gateway 2000 4sx-33.The person i got it from tried
>to delete info from it and took out alot of files.So i formated it to
>reinstall win95 but now i have no cdrom and i get "no drives are
>attached,drives are powered down,or communication failed,the device
>driveris not installed".So took the harddrive out and put it in a differnt
>pc and install win95 but i still have no cd or modem!!!!!!I need help  Rick
>Barnett
>
>         The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>        tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>            Visit our web site to signup: http://freepctech.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml