Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:03:13 -0700
I sure hope someone can help me!  I have Windows XP.  About 2 weeks ago my Norton Antivirus stopped working correctly.  It wouldn't automatically update itself. I eventually removed it several times and tried to install it.  Finally went to AVG antivirus.  However since that time I have been unable to get any Windows Updates to install correctly.  One installs but computer continually asks me to install it again.  An error shows up for some of the updates, saying Make sure Cryptographic Services is enabled.  I went to Windows Update Help...Went thru first 3 or 4 steps of a remedy for a somewhat similar problem.  Nothing worked.  Cryptographic Services is definitely disabled and no matter what I do it won't turn on!  In the meantime updates are piling up!  Three of them are critical.
Thank you for your time.
Lisa Lents

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com