From:
Brenda Dencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:33:38 -0400
Two-three weeks ago, I set up a wireless network for hubby and myself.

Comcast is our ISP and provided the modem for phone service and internet

service.  I used a Link-Sys wireless router and a Link-Sys wireless receiver

(? Term) that plugs into hubby's USB port. Everything is fine until

yesterday when he tried to get on the net, download email, etc.  He said he

noticed the icon in the sys tray was missing.  He went into Network

Connections and the wireless connection was gone from there, too. We had a

power outage about 10 days ago, but the wireless connection was ok after

power was restored.

 He did a system restore and recovered his icon and the connection.  He's

good-to-go now, but does anyone have any ideas what could have happened? I

haven't had any problem with my desktop.

 He has an HP desktop with XP Home SP2, Link-Sys wireless router and USB

wireless adapter.  Comcast's phone/internet modem.

Brenda

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml