From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:34:58 -0400
Dale,
US Robotics has a number that you can dial to see if your local telephone loop
service can support X2 specs for 56K (the Maximum FCC allowable speed is really
53K).  The number is 888-887-9248.  Additional info can be found at
http://x2.usr.com/connectnow/linetest.htm .  It is to be noted that you do not
need a modem capable of 56K to test the line. You do need a modem that supports
V.34.

Jerry Rasmussen

--
CIRQUESIG32100o