From:
Larry Piper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:53:54 EDT
I am looking for a systematic procedure to identify and troubleshoot hardware
problems.  While my immediate needs are to fix my two computers on WIN 3.1,
the same set of procedures should hopefully apply to my WIN95 and WIN98
machines.   I would love to see a flow chart or a step-by-step set of
instructions to attack sick computers.  Also, any suggestions on diagnostic
software would be appreciated.  (Sure miss the the simpler days of fixing
XTs.)

BONUS QUESTION:  what causes windows 3.1 to fail with the message 'Standard
Mode Windows not supported' ?

Larry Piper