From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:58:42 -0600
From: Sanborn, John :Subject: [PCBUILD] Video Camera Drivers

> > I was given a Connectix video camera for which I'm trying to find NT4
> > drivers.  It's a ball shaped camera with parallel and keyboard
connectors
> > tied into the same cable.  The only markings on the camera is a label
> > marked:
> >
> > Connectix Corp.   >logo<
> > FCC ID # LKD4   >here<   201A
> >
> > Connectix apparently they sold their camera division to Logitech, but
the
> > Logitech drivers I tried (QuickCam VC & Express) did not appear to work.
> > The error received 'The video device is either in use by another
> > application or is not installed properly', does not provide much help.
> > Online & Web based help both say to uninstall and reinstall without the
> > camera then attach with power off, but didn't help any.
> >
> > Anyone with thoughts, ideas, Solutions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > John

John,

I believe that the Quickcam VC & Express drivers are for the color Quickcam
which is black in color and that the black and white Quick Cam was gray in
color.  If your camera is gray in color then you need to look for drivers
for the Black and white camera.  You might try http://www.windrivers.com.

Mary Wolden

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html