From:
Jason Redlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:59:38 -0500
I'm trying to repair a system.  The old motherboard seems to have a problem in it.  The cmos has to be cleared all the time to get it to boot so I bought a new motherboard, processor and memory.  All claim to be compatible.

What I have is a PcChips FSB333 K7 Model No. M825G.  It claims to support the AMD Sempron 2400+ Socket A processor I purchased.  I also bought new PC2700 memory (DDR333).

I can't get this system to boot at all.  I've cleared the cmos, checked for shorts, tried a new power supply etc.  The only thing I haven't tried, for fear of frying the processor, is plugging in the 12v power supply connection on the mother board.  I tried that with the old processor and released the magic smoke!  Can't afford to do that again.  Does this processor require that connection?  I can't find any documentation that would tell me.

By the way, I've already sent the mother board back for a replacement once.  I'm really lost at this point.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml