From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:09:17 -0800
On 29 Mar 99, at 8:53, Bob Mitchell wrote:

> I have been given a number of Microsoft Bus Mouse(s).  I assume
> these originally would have come with a board but I have not got
> those.
>
> Is there any way these could be used as either a serial or PS2 mouse
> with some sort of adaptor?

  Not that I know of.  The connector looks very like a PS/2 mouse, but I
don't think the signals are compatible.

> Could the boards be purchased separately?

  I have seen them in electronics surplus places, but I'm not sure how
recently.  [I also have an ATI video card from about 1991 with a bus
mouse port on it.  When the original mouse that came with it died, the
few bus mice I could find were very expensive, so I've been disabling
that port and using serial mice since then.]

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html