Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:24:49 -0600
Hi Beth,

Not much information was provided on the second drive and when you refer to
it as a "new" drive I'm not sure you mean new, as in purchased at retail, or
"new to you" as in a used drive acquired elsewhere. The documentation
provided with new drives generally explain how to configure the jumpers for
the way you will be using the drive and tell you how to physically install
it in the case. Software is also included to prepare the drive for use.

Since you have the drive installed, what you need to do now is prepare it so
Windows will recognize it. I suggest you first attempt to obtain the
software from the manufacturer's Web site. Once there look for it under
Support. Download the software and proceed from there.

A second method is to use what you already have in Windows Millennium, as
has been suggested. If you don't already have a Windows 98 or Millennium
startup disk, create one by inserting a blank floppy disk in the floppy disk
drive. Next, go to Start \ Settings \ Control Panel, and then double click
"Add/Remove Programs". Then click "Create Disk" on the Startup Disk tab.
Complete instructions for using the Fdisk and Format Tool are in the
following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition or Repartition a
Hard Disk:

Sven Swanson, Sr.