From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:25:54 -0700
Thomas;
this may be a long shot, but I have encountered a similar
problem on a couple of XP machines recently.
 Both were caused by ad-aware removing the malware "Blazefind"
the computers would start to log on and then immediately log off
info here:
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html
also a google search for "xp log on log off + blazefind"
will give more information.
I could however boot from the xp disk and did a repair install
and then did the registry fix mentioned in the Lavasoft article.
which fixed the problem in both cases, so this might not apply to your
instance.