From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:31:32 -0400
Hi,

To answer the question, Yes!, it will work with USB1.1.  It will be much
slower data transfer though than USB2.0 or firewire setups would offer,
but it will work.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
------------------
from Victor Gobert [log in to unmask]
I would like to know if that system works with USB 1
Thanks to answer
Victor GOBERT
----------------

> At 6/14/2003 06:45 AM, Ultra wrote:
>
> >There is a better way to achieve what you want without paying the
> >over priced external hard drives.
> >
> >The solution is easy, just buy an external hard drive case, they are
priced
> >at reasonable level, and provide both USB2 and Firewire interface.
> >All
you
> >need to do, is to buy a normal hard drive from your trusted brand,
> >and
put
> >it into the case.  that way, you have freedom to have the hard drive
> >you want (size, speed, brand) and freedom to use either USB or
> >Firewire interface.  You also have longer warranty (3 years on hard
> >drive), and
less
> >on cost.
> =================
>
> I agree!  I put together a case ($43 including shipping) and a $59
> (after
> rebate) hard drive last month and couldn't be happier.  It took all of
10
> minutes to put them together and load the USB2 drivers for the
external
> hard drive.....  Actually I didn't have to do any driver loading since
Win
> 2000 already has the USB2 external storage drivers, just Plug and
Play!  I
> love mine for backing up two PC's and having data off site.
>
> Doug

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com