From:
Michael Beck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:20:01 -0400
Thanks everyone for the responses to my question. To answer some of your
inquiries, yes, it is a Pentium-Pro and one of the first ones at that.
Unfortunately, the BIOS has not been updated in a coupe of years as far as
I can tell. I keep checking for new one, but I guess it's a dead issue by
now. I did get a disk w/ the drive "Ontrack Disk Manager for quantum ATA
Disk Drives", which I suspect will probably cure my problems. I was hoping
to get around that since I've had bad experiences w/ third party disk
manager and other drive unities. And on top of all that, I found out that
with this particular MB I have, everything was fine as long as all my
drives were SCSI, but now, if I put in a IDE drive, it HAS to be the boot
drive even if it's set to the slave drive on the secondary controller. As
soon as I hooked it into the system and tried boating up, I got 'Inset
valid boot media'.
So that means in order to install this (or any IDE) drive I need to redo my
whole OS and partition system. Oh well, a project for another weekend.

Thanks for all the help though,

                        _Mike_

P.S. I am running FAT32, so at least I'm not, limited there...

________*Now cruising @400K++ w/ a DirecPC satellite*___________
***Check out:***
http://www.becktechinc.com - Beck Technologies, Inc.
***Or peruse my personal info***
Email -> [log in to unmask]
WWW page: http://www.inmind.com/people/mbeck/
Home            804-384-8676    Mobile  804-841-6013
Work            804-385-5901    Fax     804-385-5909
___Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it. ___