From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:40:20 -0500
I have always thought that the CPU should be "last on and first off" because
any connected peripherals (monitor, printer, scanner...) might cause a surge
as they are activated or deactivated.  If the CPU is turned on last, it is
less likely to intercept these surges.  Likewise if the CPU is turned off
first it will miss them again.  Is this correct?

> Could someone please tell me what do I power up first: my PC or my
monitor?
> I have always turned my PC on first then my monitor.  Is that the correct
> order?

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html