From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 23:46:52 -0500
> Question:  is it possible to extend a printer cable, say 70' or so from PC
> without any problems?

        Although I can't say for certain I'd have to say no, you will have
problems. Parallel connections are very sensitive to cable length, the
longer you get the more likely you'll get a corrupted signal. Aside from
this I doubt any parallel port out there is designed to drive a 70' long
cable. I recommend you consider an alternative medium. If you are connecting
a printer 70' away what about getting an Ethernet adapter for the printer?
This will allow you to use Ethernet cable to connect the computer to the
printer, Ethernet IS designed for lengths in excess of 70'. Alternatively
you might have a serial connection available on the printer, a serial
connection has a much greater chance of reaching 70' (although the speed
will be many factors lower). TTYL

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com