From:
Frederick Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:16:07 -0800
Hello everyone.  In our department here in our school, we have an internet
connection being shared  using Windows 2000 server's routing and remote
access.  All our wired computers in our laboratory could access the internet
successfully.  I have insalled a linksys wap54g access point here in our
faculty room to provide internet access to teachers with their laptops (OS
used are either winxp and vista).  Everything works fine, laptops could
connect to the access point but they can't access the internet.  I have
solved this problem by manually setting each laptop's wireless network
properties and assign a non-used static ip address with the same class being
used by our wired computers.

My concern here is, some of them complained that they don't have internet
access again the next day. It is because, the static ip address which I have
set the day before has been changed to "AUTO OBTAIN" ip address.  So is
there a way for me to configure their laptops to have an internet connection
without assigning a static ip address? Or I have to do something with our
access point? Thanks!

Frederick Navarro

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads