From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 16:05:39 -0500
You didn't mention a budget. I'm happy with the service from Tiger
Direct: www.tigerdirect.com
Take a look at the Socket 939 and socket 754 Barebones kits.
I have the Athlon 64 processor and am happy with my Asus board. The
onboard sound and ethernet  works well, and you can get the SATA
interface if it appeals to you.
SLI sounds like overkill for you.
I've got two GBs of DDR RAM-my guess is that price and quantity  is more
important than DDR2.
Get a couple of big HDs while you're at it.