From:
Dave Ropiski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:57:08 -0400
I have an HP with Windows XP Home, which has a firewire port and four USB Ports. One of the USB ports is connected to a Satellite modem for Internet Access. I am trying to network it with two older machines running ME. Using the XP Network Wizard I was able to get all machines to share the Internet connection, but can't get them to talk to each other on the local area network.

I even manually entered ip numbers, and can ping each machine to another but still can't get the other machines to see the XP machine. Any suggestions?

Dave Ropiski

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com