From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:07:30 -0800
On  1 Aug 98 at 10:32, Raymond Hornung wrote:

>   I cannot get my computer to recognize my serial mouse.  I'm running
> WIN95 ....

  I have had a problem like this on several machines -- even some
where it used to work fine!

  Assuming that the ports are configured and cabled correctly, what
works for me is to add a DOS mouse driver to AUTOEXEC.BAT.  [If Win95
was installed as an upgrade, you may find one there commented out by
the installation process....]
  Win95 will take over from a DOS serial mouse driver just fine, and
be able to "hear" the mouse that it somehow could never find on its
own.

  [Anybody know if this is still a problem in Win98?]

David G