From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:55:15 +0200
>Using either PartitionMagic or Win94 Fdisk, we can Partiton the
hard drive
>easily.  However with either PartitionMagic or Win95 format
(even from a
>Win95 bootable floppy), we get error message as soon as format
starts:

>Wrong media or Track 0 bad.
>
>Any suggestions on which way to go from here?

Hi,
   Have you tried a mid-level format?  Seagate has a program at
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/drivers/discfile.shtml that
will do this.  You will need to know the cylinders, heads, and
sectors of the drive.  You can also do a low level verify of the
drive.  This program writes 0's (I think) to every spot.  If it
is not a media problem, this should fix it.  I have had problems
with drives before that this was the only way to fix.

HTH,
Donald Gaither

.