From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 02:51:10 -0500
I'm not sure I am reading your message correctly, but here goes...

To install XP, you either need to Boot from the Bootable XP CD
or get a special XP boot Floppy set download from the MS WEB site.
The set is around 6 floppies that come in a floppy image program.

There are at least four different sets available.  Home and Pro,
and With and With-out SP1 embedded.

If you already have the proper ones, good luck...

                                    Rick Glazier

From: "Trang Tran" <[log in to unmask]>

> I did not follow the saying "Leave the well enough
> alone". I recently bought a DELL laptop without the
> 56K modem. I bought and installed the modem later
> which never connected faster than 16 kbps. I thought I
> had screwed up something in the modem installation
> process. I went ahead to partition my hard drive as
> one big partition and re-format it. No problem here.
>
> I noticed one thing, when I started the PC with the
> boot floppy in the A:\ drive and selected "Boot with
> CD-ROM drive supported", the boot went alright. I also
> noticed the message "Diagnostic tools were
> successfully loaded to D drive". I also was able to
> switch to drive D. I was not able to run setup from
> Windows XP though. All I saw was pretty much all the
> diagnostic files that I mentioned earlier.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com