From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:51:28 -0500
Probably the best fix when Windows won't work is Goback, now owned by Symantec.  If someone deleted a system file or something else important, you can revert your drive to a time just before that happened even if Windows won't load.  You can do it during the boot.  I've been using it since 1999, and it has saved me from installing the OS several times, and has recovered files (it does that, too).  Best uninstaller for bad programs because you can revert to a time before the install so there is no trace of the offending application.  Not even the usual garbage left in your registry.  Currently it's $29.95 on a download from www.symantec.com, and worth every dime in saved time and expenses for those things you'd have to pay to have fixed.

>Hi,
> Quite often, I've found an easy fix for this is just to reload the o/s
>directly over the top as if loading for the first time, (without formatting)
>This way, you don't lose the stuff that's already on there.
>I've done this successfully on a number of occasions, when my kids have
>deleted stuff. Problem is, I always get the "it wasn't me! I didn't do
>anything, I just restarted and this happened!"
>I think usually it doesn't 'just happen', because it very rarely happens to
>my computer which my kids no longer are allowed to touch. (That says it all
>really, doesn't it?)
>I know my approach isn't very 'technical', but it often works.
>Reloading can be time-consuming, but quite often not as time consuming as
>trying to establish which files have been deleted.
>Hope this helps, I'd give it a try, it may work.

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>