From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:06:44 -0700
You will end up with a hot machine both figuratively and literally. I
would add two or three case fans to the list. Also, consider sacrificing
one of the three hard drives for an upgraded video card while staying
within budget. Also, see if  NewEgg is going to charge one packaged
shipping price rather than individual shipping charges. Also, I assume
you already have the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. from an existing
computer.

If you have not done so, you should investigate buying a complete system
that meets or exceeds your needs/desires. You probably would have to add
the third hard drive yourself. Presently system pricing is very
competitive with home built except for true gaming systems. And you can
get a 1 year or longer warranty on the complete system rather than 90
day warranties from individual manufacturers of each component. Also a
new monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. might even fit in the budget leaving
a still functioning second computer.

My opinions for what they are worth. Good luck.

Tom Mayer

Travis Staheli wrote:
> I am thinking about building a new computer that would be used primarily for 2d editing and video rendering. I would like to do a RAID5 configuration and my budget is $1,400.
> This is what I came up with at newegg:
> https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=1989379&WishListTitle=first+build
> I don't know if this is a good build so if anyone could let me know what they would do different, or if anybody has any advice I would appreciate it.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml