From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:41:35 -0000
Hi, it's strange you should mention tapping the hard drive. I once had one
which was completely bad, making all the loud noises and everything, so I
decided to change it. I removed it, and as I did, I knocked it pretty hard.
(In fact, I dropped it!)
I installed what I thought was the newer drive, and it turned out that I
couldn't have been thinking straight, as I just reinstalled the one I had
just taken out and dropped.
Before I realised this, however, I had already installed  and powered the
system up.
It worked fine, although I'm not sure how long for, or if it's still in
working order, I no longer have the system.
I kept it in the system as it was, and it seemed fine, no problems at all.
Now that has happened to me, I definately wouldn't be worried about
'tapping' a 'broken' hard drive. If it still didn't work afterwards, then
you won't have lost anything will you?
.....and there was me trying to be ever so delicate with it..........
Michele Sayer

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com