From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:40:07 -0500
I had a very similar problem a while back, and looked into Data Recovery
software. I downloaded the free version of OnTrack's Easy Data Recovery
program just to see if the files were recoverable or not. The software
showed that the files were indeed on the drive and somehow during the
running of the program it restored my damaged partition or file allocation
table and the drive was accessible again. The free software isn't intended
to recover the files, only to show you what files are recoverable. But as I
said, in my case it somehow corrected the problem.

William Pike