From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 14:45:43 -0600
From: James Ruby :Subject: [PCBUILD] dell inspiron 7500 and two identical
monitors

> I'm wondering if somebody can help, in my control-system-desplay-settings
> tab I have two identical monitors showing.  so I looked in the device
> manager under monitors and sure enough there are two of them.  I tried
> deleting them both and they came back, so I deleted just one and the other
> came back on bootup.
>
> so thinking enough is enough I was just going to put the same settings on
> the second monitor since I was having screen reading problems.  for those
> who don't know a screen reader is a program that enables a visually
> impaired user to hear what is on the screen.
>
> Any way when I did this it said that some programs don't like dual
displays
> and if this was the case I should disable dual vidio support.
>
> Where do I do this?
> This inspiron 7500 is configured with 128 sdram a ati vidio with 8 mb of
> sdram or scram, any suggestions?
>
> It seems the Dell techs have no idea what or how to get rid of this at
this
> point and I don't want to restore the image for a second time.
>
> thanks.

James,

Do you also have identical display adapter, or 2 adapters showing up in
Device Manager?  Possibly you need to delete both the identical display
adapter, or second adapter and monitor to keep the second monitor from
coming back.

Mary Wolden

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html