From:
subscriber2list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:13:17 -0400
Hello DCD915,

Tuesday, August 10, 2004, 12:06:44 AM, you wrote:

<snip>

DAC> I'm not sure why you want to delete these files but Windows will
DAC> recreate them when it reboots if they are necessary to organize
DAC> a file. You'll see it grow as the amount of files increase.

<snip>

Everyone will have an opinion on this ... but I would recommend, at
least, from time to time, deleting "all" the index.dat files you find.
There are a number of them, some displayed, some not displayed.  But
over a period of time, especially if you use the Interent a lot, they
can grow to a fairly substantial size ... they essentially log a lot
of various data about your websurfing activities.  You're correct, if
you delete them ... they are recreated.

Sean Con

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml