Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:17:35 +1000
One thing you may need to check, since you have a CDRW drive, what software
did you install? Easy CD Creator 5 will crash win2k (some reports says that
it also crash win9x), unless completely reinstall win2k. There is a patch
that soon after this bug was discovered, but the patch doesn't seem to work
either.

There are something you need to read, make sure you read all related links,

MS also has a former warning against easy cd creator,

* I personally never have problem with Nero 5.5 and my win2k, and also never
seen any at work (or at friends place), there are few issues with early
version of Nero, but I've never seen any with latest 5.5, so I don't know
what The Register was talking about regarding Nero and win2k. and Yes, I did
see how Easy cd creator trash windows machine myself.

*just pure personal (I know someone wants to flame me again), I have had
very bad experience with Easy CD, version 4 of Easy CD could also trash
win2k (happened to my customers).

* at work, we started to change, now we first recommend Nero, and stay out
of Easy CD.

Jun Qian