From:
Milt deReyna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:23:59 -0500
OK, I have isolated the bug, further.  I have removed the slave 200 Gig hard drive, (it was just extra storage) a USB 2.0 PCI card, and the scanner to reduce psu overload.  I have also unhooked the master dvd burner, further reducing power usage.

I then hooked up the slave dvd burner as a master (cable select jumper) and fired up the computer.  My first attempt to back up a movie with dvd shrink,
the preview box showed the jerking around that I've previously described,
and the timer indicated that it would take 1 hr. 10 min. to back-up,
preparatory to burning.

I then shut down and rehooked up the same burner, using only the slave
connector on the ribbon cable.  That was the only change I made.  I re-tried
dvd shrink, and this time the video screen showed smooth and rapid back-up,
and the timer indicated that the movie would back-up in 15 minutes.

Anybody know what the heck that means?  As a pure wild guess, does that mean
that the area of the cpu that handles the master traffic from the secondary
IDE interface is going bad?  (Hoping I used correct terminology there.)

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml