From:
Arthur Hounslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:19:21 -0500
A couple of things come to mind. When you went into the bios were the hard
disk and floppy disk recognized? If not it may be worthwhile to check the
cables especially the floppy because it is very easy to have these reversed
in some way. Second, when you replaced the battery, was the computer
completely off and disconected (PSU plug). I had a problem  with an old
computer of this vintage, when I replaced the battery and did not have it
completely disconnected, AND you also have to allow time for the caps to
discharge! The bios did not bother to look around for the hardware that it
figured it already had in the cmos. This took me days to figure out, with
some help from a forum or two. It may just have been a problem with my old
dell or it may be a problem with some bios' of this vintage.

Good luck
Art

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com