Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:17:19 -0500
 If the Win 95 HD had an overlay on it you might have this problem.  That was often done to allow Win 95 machines to see big drives (like 4.3-6.4 gigs was big then).  Western Digital had their own installation software called EZ-drive.  If you bought a small "big drive" off ebay it may also have an overlay on it. In order to make drives like that useful you will need to find a copy of EZ-drive (if the drive(s) are WD brand), load it on a bootable floppy and remove the overlay.  I think Maxtor had something similar, but you will have to google search because they don't use those anymore. I may have a copy of EZ-drive somewhere, and if you think that is the problem, if the drive is a WD, and if you can't find a download of it with a google search,  I'll e-mail it to you (it is a small download measurable in Kilobytes). Personally, I wouldn't waste that much time on such an old machine because you will have to repeat the overlay to install any drive over 2 gigs.  If you are going to give it away, put the drive back, burn a copy of Win 98 and include that in the gift.  Some enterprising young turbogeek will figure it out.