From:
David Horley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:49:18 +1000
I would like to know how to resolve USB conflicts.

I have a Pentium 111 processor, 797 MHz, with 512 MB of RAM.  My operating system is Windows XP Professional.  The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-6VM7A+ Socket 370 Processor Mainboard.

The motherboard came with 2 USB connecting slots, I have since added another 2 USB slots via a USB board.

My troubles started when I upgraded to Windows XP.    I have a Logitech Wingman Force Feedback Force 3D Joystick a Canon scanner and a Creative Web Cam attached to the USB ports.  The scanner and the web cam are attached to the original USB ports and the Joystick is attached to one of the new USB ports.

  The problem is the Joystick, it now vibrates all the time, as soon as I start up my computer.  I went to Logitech and downloaded the new drivers for the Joystick, this did not fix the problem.  I can not calibrate the Joystick as I can't get it to stop moving.  I can use it to play games but have limited movement with it.  Also, sometimes the scanner and or the web cam will not work, I get a message saying they are not connected, this happens even after reinstalling all the devices and drivers.  The only way I can get them working again is to do a System  Restore.

In my Device Manager set up I have, under Imaging Device,
CanoScan FB630U/FB636U
Video Blaster WebCam 5 (WDM),
And under Universal Serial Bus controllers I have,
Creative USB Composite Device
OPTi 82C861 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
VIA Rev 5 or Later USB Universal Host Controller.

I have downloaded new USB drivers from Gigabyte.

There are no conflicts shown in Device Manager

Regards, David Horley.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>