From:
miron dumitrescu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 19:25:00 +0200
greetings, earthlings
we have now taken over your radioooo.....

   hello Jun.

 answering a msg of <joi 10 iunie 1999>, from Jun Qian to All:

 JQ> Why buy a G200 when you can buy TNT2? The TNT2 is a clear winner on both
 JQ> 2D and 3D, at least now, there is no other card can beat it. The only
 JQ> matter is the price, the old G200 (G400 is out, but is not as good as
 JQ> TNT2) is cheaper than TNT2 card. However I heard some bad news about TNT2
 JQ> and some Super7 board. So just check with nVidia and your mobo chipset to
 JQ> make sure they work together.

I would have bought the TNT2 (altought the cheapest model is still more
expensive than the Matrox G200). But here in Romania TNT2-based cards are very
hard to be found (actually, most new hardware is harder to find) and when I've
found a TNT2 offer at about 400$ I gave it up. I don;t have this kind of money,
and it's not worth spending that much on a board that probably won't cooperate
with my Super 7 mobo.
So I went for the Millenium G200 with 8MB SGRAM (about 100$), and it moves
pretty cool on my K6-2-350. I am not a gamer, I just ocasionally feel like
playing a game and for that the Matrox is a very good choice.

Miron.

Come to Romania! www.eclipsa.ro

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html