From:
Stewart Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:35:44 -0000
I was advised by my ISP to keep my DSL modem on all the time so they
could do updates to the modem software and settings.  I switched it off
once and I missed a vital update and had to call user support.

Stewart Smith
Celtic & Scottish Studies
University of Edinburgh

>The ISP recommends to have the modem on at all times in order to
improve >performance. I have been following this advice, but I don't
know why this >is necessary. Anyone have information on what is it in
DSL that makes it >better if the modem is not turned off?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com