From:
Robert Castorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:00:19 -0700
I have been running LINUX, BSD and WINDOWS 95 (OSR 2.1) with no problems
on a system I built last year around a SuperMicro P6DBE motherboard with
dual Pentium 600 CPUs. (Of course, the W95 sytem uses only 1 CPU.)

Now, I am trying to run WINDOWS 2000 PRO (build 2195 with service pack
2) on this system with very limited success. The installation from
CD-ROM went cleanly, without a hitch, but the system is useless from a
user standpoint, becauses it freezes frequently (the first symptom being
no mouse cursor movement). It will often freeze for just a few seconds
and then catch up okay, but eventually it freezes permanently, as if
both CPUs were in a tight loop with interrupts disabled.

I don't see the SuperMicro P6DBE listed on Microsoft's HCL, but that
doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work.  Therefore, I'm wondering
if anyone has had similar experiences with WIN2000 PRO and/or this
mobo.  I am looking for any and all suggestions.

Thanks,
Bob Castorf

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com