From:
James Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:56:34 -0700
Can someone please tell me how to format and reinstall a PC that was a
given to me by a friend.

It is a Compaq Armada, I have all the compaq disks and the Windows 95
cd but I'm not quite sure where to start.

Is there a Compaq flavoured win95, I have seen some machines with
software that seems to have been made specially for Compaq machines
(their logo)

What do I do so I can use the CD Rom to do the install, I know it has
something to do with MSCDEX or something like that.

What should I do step by step.

Please make your replys as basic as possible as I am not too good on
the tech side of PCs.

Hope you can help.

Thank you

James