From:
Christopher Drew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:03:21 -0600
I recently reinstalled the operating system and have been re-installing
driver for an Dell Optiplex GX620 with 2gigs of roam, a Pentium (R)
4cpu, 3.00 GHz pc running Windows XP Professional.

I went to Dell, plugged in the service tag number and downloaded drivers
for the Lan (R96978.exe) and installed the driver. On reboot I checked
the device manager and the Ethernet Controller appeared under the "Other
Devices": category with a yellow question mark. The Ethernet Controller
Properties window said "drivers for this device are not installed."

I went into setup to check the bios settings for on-board devices and
under the intetgrated NIC setting I changed the setting from off to on
and rebooted. The driver was still not found. I re-installed the driver,
rebooted and still the system coul not find the driver when I tried to
get the Ethernet Controller Properties window to find the driver. What
could be wrong? What should I try next?

I also have a wireless PCI card installed but can't find a driver for it
either. It is a 2.4 GHz/54Mbps PCI Adapter IEEE 802.11g Wireless Lan.
The numbers on the chip are RT256ST, G3M3830G0, 1029AT. No other
information is available for this card. No website or manufacturer are
provided.

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com