Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:28:15 +1300
Replying to Mandar Naik's query about the W98 Shutdown bug reminded me of
the aumha site he's visited:
http://www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm
which has a comprehensive troubleshooter for this annoyance.

It was here that I found a link to another site which is packed with tweaks
and tips for Win9XMe:
http://members.aol.com/AXCEL216/web.htm#BRO

One particularly intriguing method of improving the general running of
Win98SE, was to replace a large number of W98SE files with WinMe files:
http://users.aol.com/axcel216/98-5.htm#KRM9S

It sounds effective - according to the site owner, he's made it work on his
own machine.

I promised myself I'll try it when I've got some spare time - nothing
ventured, nothing gained, as it were.

And then I wondered if perhaps there are any brave souls here who have
already tried this major tweak?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown