From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:26:00 -0700
  There is usually some indicator on the monitor if it is receiving a video
signal from the PC.  On many CRT monitors, there is an LED which will glow
yellow when the monitor just jas power, and green when there is also video
(even if it is currently blank).  On LED screens, there's usually a default
display/message when the screen has power but no video signal.

  If the video card were dead, you would probably be hearing a series of
beeps from the computer.  So if the monitor isn't getting video, check the
cable connection between it and the computer -- perhaps it has come loose.

David Gillett

On 12 Apr 2006 at 8:41, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My computer has not been working for quite a while.  The system power is
> present, I hear the power supply fan turning.  The monitor power is
> present, however, I cannot see anything at all.
>
> Please help!
>
> Lynette

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com