From:
Cameron McPhail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:49:44 -0500
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:55:20 -0500, Chris Buford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I just bought the MSI motherboard K7N2 Delta-L and I can not get it to boot.  The cmos boots then the Window XP logo comes up, then it restarts- will not boot in safe mode either.  I was reading a review that stated that another person had this problem and it iwas because ram timings were set too low- where is this adjusted?  I'm using 2400 AMD XP, 2100 DDR (1 stick 512, 1 stick 256)I aslo bought the APOLLO nVIDIA GeForce4 MX440-8X Video Card, 64MB DDR, 128-bit, TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "Bloody Monster Geforce4 MX440 64MB-AGP8X" -RETAIL - the computer does not recognize it the video card- the monitor power light will not quit blicking- I went and bought a mad dog video card and it works.  Please help!!!  I'm new to this so please use laymen terms so I can understand!  Thanks in advance!!

Chris,
When you say you just bought this motherboard, did you take your old motherboard out and replace it with no changes to xp?  XP will mostly crash or reset at the logo, if it expects your previous motherboard to be installed.  I have been stung by this more than once.
There are methods to prime XP for a motherboard change.  You can find a useful guide here: http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/other/motherboard/winxp.htm

Regards

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml