From:
Rick Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:20:30 +0200
Hello Vincent,

Tuesday, August 10, 1999, 4:22:06 AM, you wrote:

VL> Everything piece of hardware was working fine after I had setup my
VL> system, including a TraxData 226 CDRW as 2nd IDE Master and a old Teac
VL> CD-55E 4x as Slave. I was able to read CD from both drives.

VL> To use the CDRW drive, I installed the PacketCD software that came with
VL> the drive.  Subsequently, the Teac CD55E drive was still working.
VL> Howvever, whenever I put a CD into it, it reports f:\cd in Windows
VL> Explorer and refuse to read the directory structure of the CD.

VL> Anyone can help me with this problem?

I had the same problem getting a DVD to read after packetCD was
installed. By right-clicking on the drive letter in explorer you
should see a 'disable packet cd for this drive' option. I use German software
so your wording will probably be different. HTH

Rick S.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org