Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:43:22 EDT

Alfreda,
  To start with, it's a good idea to list the type of computer you  have and
the operating system (Windows 98, Me, xp,etc.) as well as if it has a  video
card or onboard video. The more info on your system, the more likely to  get
help solving your problem. That being said...

 I have had a similar issue twice in the past. First time was a nasty  virus
that was rather complicated to remove. The second time, my video drivers  got
corrupted.

 In the first instance, I ran a virus scan which showed there was an
infection. I did an internet search of the virus name and found  instructions to
remove it which included disabling system restore (this deletes  all previous
restore points), starting in safe mode then running a variety of  virus and
malware removal tools.

 The second time was as simple as going to the computer manufacturers
website and downloading the drivers needed. I hope this is your solution but, as  I
said, with more info on your system, the more tech-savy members of the list
will probably find your solution.
 Good luck
-Phil-

In a message dated 9/9/2008 12:40:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Hi:

> When I first turn on my computer, the color is  alright. After a few
> seconds the screen goes black and when it comes  back on the color is out
> of whack. I then have to go to the control  panel, then display and
> change the color from 8 bits to 32  bits.
> Does anyone know how I can get the color to stay at the 32  bits?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alfreda

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com