From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:18:21 -0800
I have run into similar situations. My guess is that there is a problem with
the driver for your disk controller. You may need to find a better driver
and use it during installation of XP. To do this, you press the F6 key at
the appropriate time at the beginning of the install process. You can then
load the needed drivers from a floppy disk.

Letting the XP boot disk do the partitioning and formatting is the best way.
One more thought. Does your XP boot CD have XP sp1? If not, this may be the
problem. Try obtaining the latest version of XP.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com