From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:37:31 -0700
Peter Shkabara wrote;
> I assume it is possible to connect two computers via the USB port.

This is a correct assumption with a note of caution.

>Would it require a US A-A cable

No, it is not recommended that you use a plain A-A USB connector. The fact
remains that you may short out the motherboards. It will however require a
USB-USB File Transfer cable which is a special type of cable. In fact, using
USB to transfer files is faster than serial or parallel. This site gives a
good picture and description of what you will need.
http://www.usb-port.com/bf100c.html

There are others out there in almost every flavor and price. I did a
"Google" search for, "USB DATA LINK FILE TRANSFER CABLE" and came up with a
nice selection to choose from.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers