Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:15:40 -0500
I was researching this problem on another interchange board and found a
possible explanation for the problem I am having:

"It would appear drives that have GoBack installed will not be recognized by
Windows XP due to changes GoBack makes to the MBR (?). The solution is to
simply put the hard drive back into the old computer and uninstall GoBack.
This is done in two steps. First you need to hit the Space Bar while booting
to access the GoBack menu. From this menu you need to disable GoBack. Once
GoBack is disabled you need to load Windows and uninstall GoBack. Worked
like a charm for me.  Make sure to let your old drive reboot after
uninstalling Goback so it can make the MBR change, then shut it down for the
last time and slave it once again."

I did have Go Back installed on the drive from my failed laptop.  Anyone
have any thoughts about how I may remove GoBack from this drive.  Would it
be possible to install this as the main drive in my new laptop and have it
boot with no complications?  Will there be any risk of incompatibilities?

Jim Lloyd