From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:59:46 -1000
  I have a 2TB World Book Network Attached Storage (NAS) connected to my
D-Link 655 router. All my computers (Win7's and XP's) use the NAS for
backing up to. My networked Seagate Media player uses the NAS for movie
files to show on an HDTV recorded form Windows Media Center. The system
has work great. I've had the NAS about a year and a half now. I keep it
dust free and powered from my UPS. The NAS just sits there and looks
like a white book on the desk. I also purchased a 2TB USB external drive
and it works fine too. The NAS drive is available to all computer on the
network all the time, where as unless I share and have the USB drive
plugged in to one of the computers it is not available to all computer.
I use the USB drive for more long term storage or short term storage on
computers I am working on. I like the NAS for ease of system backups.  HTH

On 10/7/2010 3:40 PM, Tom Waddell wrote:
> Two questions:  Besides cost (the unit I am looking at is $150) what are the pros and cons of network backup drives.
>
> Anyone have network reliability issues with Win 7?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml