Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:23:37 -0500
For the past few weeks everytime I restarted my computer, I would get a message saying that windows "did not start because file sym_hi.sys is corrupted." Then i would press enter and windows would start.

I decided to reinstall windows.... at the beginning during copying installation files an error pops up that says:
An error occured copying file sym_hi.sys to C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\sym_hi.sy_.
-data error (cyclic redundancy check)-

I decided to cancel the setup, but now when I restart my computer i get a message saying:
windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows root>\system32.hal.dll please re-install a copy of the above file

if i press enter windows will start but weird things keep hapenning like a physical dump of the memory, and thats hasnt happend on this computer since i got it 2 years ago

i have done spyware removal, virus removal, defragment, error check, cleanup...
i have windows xp professional, can anyone help me, oh an its a laptop...
if you need any other info email me @ [log in to unmask]

anyone who can help me would me greatly appreciated
thank you
sheryl

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads