From:
Douglas Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:34:13 -0500
I have seen this happen with a bad driver.  Uninstalling
the software does not uninstall the driver, you will have
to go to Device Manager and delete the device and the
driver.

Also I've seen this happen with a bad Twain or Twunk files
installed.  Your digital camera may have installed
different versions of the Twain files also if it
interfaces using twain.  If this is the case you may have
to do some detective work to see which files will work
with both.  Most of the times I've had to delete the twain
related files manually since I've not seen a way to
uninstall them.

Doug

At 3/30/2003 11:56 PM, Steve Face wrote:

Last year I upgraded my PC from an Intel P4 1.5 GHz CPU/MB
to a P4 2.0 GHZ CPU/MB. I cloned my HD and everything is
working fine except for the scanner. It is on a USB. I
uninstalled the software and did a new install.

I also did a manual uninstall according to directions from
HP. Lastly, I did a safe install, again following
directions from HP. In each case, I get a 'device already
in use' message following the installation. I do not see
any application running that could be accessing the
scanner. I know the USB is working because I have an
Iomega zipdisk and a digital camera that work fine. I am
running Windows 98SE. Any suggestions?

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>