From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:06:58 -0400
I wanted to take out XP with "ERASER" and it fought me all the way. I ended up making my HD a slave, installing an exta drive [ with an OS ] as the master and formated my original drive and installed WIN2Kpro in it, no problem !!    AL SMITH

jerry the fatboy crider <[log in to unmask]> wrote:hi there been a lot of talk on this latly on the old techtv now
g4techtv,they say the only way to relly get rid of info is to take the drive
out,and bust it up,but thats a little drastic,so u can fdisk it, and there
are prog u can buy that will put 0`s all over any data but it depends on
what info he has on it, and were he is donating it two,now days the hard
drive are so cheap u can pick one up for twenty thirty dollers and just keep
his old hard drive!!,but a fdisk and reformat and reinstall,sould do this
what i have done but i know were my old pc`s are going and who will be
useing them so its kinda user choice,well hope i help and not confused but
have fun jerry the fatboy crider